Monday, November 24, 2014

New I-235 & 13th Street interchange opens in Wichita



 The ribbon was cut on Friday, November 21 to officially open the new I-235 and 13th Street Interchange in west Wichita. The $35 million project adds two new bridges over the Wichita – Valley Center Floodway and provides access to I-235 in two directions: eastbound 13th St. to southbound I-235 and northbound I-235 to westbound 13th St.

The traffic improvement project also includes upgrades to adjacent city streets plus a new entrance to the nearby Sedgwick County Park. The project began in November 2012 and was completed on schedule and on budget. The City of Wichita designed and financed the project; KDOT’s Wichita West Construction office handled administration and inspection.

No comments:

Post a Comment