Wednesday, October 25, 2017

KDOT creates new Twitter page to spread the word about job openings for engineers


The Kansas Department of Transportation is a great place to work and has open positions waiting for you. We want you to know all about it!

KDOT has recently launched a new Twitter page designed to list information about job vacancies.

Alex Colon, an Engineering Associate at KDOT’s headquarters in Topeka, said that he enjoys working at the agency because it feels like a family environment. “I like working for KDOT because of the people that I work with and the work I do,” Colon said. “It makes me feel good about coming into work every day. The work is fun, but challenging at the same time. I’m learning new things on a daily basis and I’m definitely enjoying my time here.”

Debbie Wallace, Engineer Recruiter for KDOT, also said that working for the agency has a family atmosphere. “KDOT means a lot to me because of all the people I have gotten to work with and how friendly everyone is,” Wallace said. “The support has been overwhelming to me in my 12 years here. Being the Engineering Recruiter I get to work with all of the universities in the Midwest and have met so many wonderful students. Some of these students I had the opportunity to recruit. I take pride in finding the right fit for this agency.“

CJ Garwood is also an Engineering Associate at headquarters in Topeka, and he said that KDOT is full of people who are eager to help him succeed.
“I appreciate that attitude and supportive environment,” Garwood said.

Leroy Koehn, a Professional Civil Engineer from the Kansas City Metro Area said that part of what makes KDOT a great place to work is the sense of teamwork and great communication.

"One of the things I’ve appreciated more and more as my time with KDOT lengthens is the willingness of our “family” to help each other out," Koehn said.  "If you’re facing a challenge you haven’t seen before, or if you want new perspective on a familiar and recurring problem, valuable and sincere feedback is usually just a phone call or email away.  I’ve found this to generally be true both up and down the org chart.  This wouldn’t happen so readily in the private sector where a greater inherent level of competitiveness tends to exist."

Bruce Haverkamp, Assistant to the Director of Engineering and Design, has been working at the agency for more than 30 years, and he said that his experience working for Kansas has been rewarding. “I’ve worked on design projects in every part of the state,” Haverkamp said. “The work environment has a true family feeling that makes work enjoyable. Designing a highway project takes a team and working with all of the different Divisions and Bureaus has been very rewarding.”

KDOT currently has more than a dozen engineering positions open. If you are interested in what positions may be right for you, or if you want to find out more information, follow us on the new Twitter page:


No comments:

Post a Comment