Tuesday, June 11, 2019

Bridge patching in KC Metro area one of many approved bids

Northbound I-635 
A patching project from the Hump Yard Bridge to just north of the State Avenue is one of 22 projects selected in the Kansas Department of Transportation’s May 22 monthly bid letting.

Close up of the current surface on northbound
I-635 and eastbound I-70 ramps.
The $4,423,433 concrete patching project will begin this construction season with R A Knapp as the primary contractor. I-635 will be reduced to two lanes throughout the bridge work and the ramps to and from northbound I-635 and K-32 will be closed to the northbound ramp during the project as well.

Lane restrictions will go through November and then there will be a winter shutdown and work will resume and completed next March.

There are three other projects that tie in with this one on I-70 and I-635.

For more projects included in May’s letting click here:


No comments:

Post a Comment