Wednesday, June 28, 2017

Work Zone Wednesday: I-435 to Metcalf Avenue in Johnson County

I-435 eastbound at U.S. 69

Improving and maintaining Kansas highways is part of KDOT’s mission for the state. In March, pavement reconstruction began on I-435 from one-half mile west of U.S. 69 to just east of Metcalf Avenue in Johnson County.

The $16.3 million project will replace old, deteriorating concrete pavement with new concrete pavement. This will alleviate the constant maintenance work that has been performed on this stretch of highway. The project work also includes bridge deck patching and resurfacing of approach slabs for the bridges over Indian Creek and Metcalf Avenue. The northbound U.S. 69 to westbound I-435 loop and a portion of the westbound I-435 collector-distributor road will also receive a face lift with a new asphalt overlay.


I-435 eastbound at Antioch in Johnson County. 
The I-435 pavement reconstruction project will take two constructions seasons and is scheduled to be completed by mid-November 2018, weather permitting. 

The 2017 construction season schedule includes work on eastbound I-435 lanes. 

For more information on this project, check out our I-435 Pavement Reconstruction Page 
here.

Updated daily traffic information for this project and for the entire Kansas City Metro Area can be viewed at: www.ksdot.org/kcmetro/laneclose.asp

Motorists are asked to use extra caution in the work zone area.

No comments:

Post a Comment