The Kansas Department of Transportation (KDOT) is pleased to announce the Transportation Alternatives (TA) Program Call for 2020 Projects.
|KDOT's TA program helps fund public transportation for people who need a way to get around.|
KDOT’s TA Program provides funding for a variety of alternative transportation projects. These include the construction of pedestrian and bicycle facilities and infrastructure for non-driver access to public transportation, projects that enhance safety and mobility for pedestrians, bicyclists and transit riders, projects that improve scenic or environmental assets in our state, Safe Routes to School projects, and more. An estimated $7 million in federal funds are anticipated to be available to award for Federal Fiscal Year 2020. All selected projects will be required to meet a minimum 20% local cash match.
|Safe routes to school is one of may programs that receives funding from KDOT's TA program.|
All of KDOT’s TA Program materials, which includes the TA Program Guide, the project application form, frequently asked questions with answers, and more, are available for download at: http://www.ksdot.org/bureaus/burtransplan/TransAlt.asp
|KDOT crews improved sidewalks as part of the Safe Routes to School program in Erie last summer.|
- Wednesday, June 13, 2018 – Call for 2020 Projects announced, and website will be live with program guidance materials and the project application form.
- TA Program Workshops – KDOT will host two workshops to inform applicants about program requirements and expectations. Attendees will also review a demo application packet, cover any changes from previous rounds of TA funding, and participate in open and one-on-one Q&A session. Space is limited so please RSVP by 4 pm on Friday, July 6, 2018 to Matthew.Messina@ks.gov or (785) 296-7448 and indicate which workshop you would like to attend.
Topeka: Tuesday, July 10, 2018 – 1:00 pm to 3:00 pm – TA Workshop at Eisenhower State Office Building’s 4th Floor Auditorium, 700 SW Harrison, Topeka, KS 66603.
Salina: Wednesday, July 11, 2018 – 1:00 pm to 3:00 pm – TA Workshop at KDOT’s District 2 Headquarters’ conference room, 1006 N. Third, Salina, KS 67401.
- Monday, September 10, 2018 at 4:00pm local time – Applications are due. Please submit 1 paper copy and 1 digital copy in PDF format on a USB flash drive, mailed to KDOT headquarters:
- Attn: Matthew Messina, 700 SW Harrison St. 2nd Floor, Topeka, KS 66603.
- October 2018 – November 2018 – KDOT staff will conduct Site Visits for all eligible projects.
- December 2018 – Project selections and public announcement of awards
For more information, please contact Matt Messina at Matthew.Messina@ks.gov or call (785) 296-7448.